Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Geek's Night Before Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas and all thru the den comic books were stacked and I was reading again. I know I should sleep, despite the late hour but just can't help visiting Baxter Tower. My stocking was hung on the wall with a 3M hook as I nestled further into the chair reading my book.

My Superman jammies complete with cape after all of these years still in good shape. I wore them with pride despite the fade and a small rip in the side. Sure I should be in bed and I should be asleep, but the plot was getting deep. Time ticked away faster than planned reading about Elektra defeating The Hand.

Lost in my world when suddenly a loud sound like Mjolnair had been hurled. Quick as the Flash I ran to the window leaving my stash. A crimson streak went through the sky. It moved far quicker than the eye. Great Scott! What could this be? If it was Superman I couldn't see. A craft landed on the roof accompanied by the sound of a hoof. One hoof? No it was more. Quickly I ran locking the door. What this stranger would want I knew not. Please dear Odin let him leave alone my lot!

Down through the stove was such a loud clang. Unlocking the door and flinging it with a bang I ran to the kitchen unsure what I would find. Standing at the door with my hand on the knob my heart pounding causing my hand to throb. This was no time to be scared. I needed to be as brave as Daredevil dared. With a large gulp trying to fear no more I gave in pushing open the door.

To my amazment there was a large elf who was kind. His suit as red as red Hulk though around his waist was the most of his bulk. With white trim and beard I couldn't help thinking, "Man this is weird," His smile was bright as his eyes shone blue. He looked at me and said, "I've got something for you,"

With a twinkle in he eye as bright as Green Lantern's glow to his sack he dove in deep below. In mere moments he turned back round showing me what he had found. It was amazing! Astounding! I couldn't believe my eyes! My very own Batcopter that flies!


Of course that was not all. The red clad man beckoned me to follow him down the hall. Taking his sack to my tree he stood. Reaching in and pulling out gifts like a reverse hood. The complete Sandman, Hellboy too, and lets not forget the Gunslinger part two. The complete Hitchhiker's guide left me feeling all gooey inside.

One he was thru he closed up his bag and out the open window he flew. Up on the roof I could hear the old man talking to his reindeer. I was utterly amazed as this magic feat. It was watching Spider-Man swinging up the street. Into the night sky Santa flew away. I knew that I would never forget this Christmas day.



No comments:

Post a Comment