Monday, December 16, 2013

An Introduction


For those who aren't familiar with Comic Geeks Unite (CGU) I wanted to take a moment to explain what CGU is as well as what it is about. Let me start with sharing CGU's mission statement. I got it from and episode of Seth McFarland's 'The Cleveland Show'. It was episode 22 of season 2 titled 'Hot Cocoa Bang Bang'. In it Cleveland Jr. makes an impassioned speech about what comic con should be about and comic geeks are about.

"Nerds! Hear me! Comic Con is not a place for David Schwimmer and his bad, even for NBC, sitcom. It's a place where people like us can be ourselves and not worry about getting pushed around by bullies or talking to girls.

I'm a girl! My name is Rebecca.

You are now my girlfriend. No butt stuff.

We have many different beliefs, but today we must put them aside and unite! Gryffindor and Slytherin! Jedi and Sith! Jack Nicholson Joker and Heath Ledger Joker! This is our time to take what's ours! For tonight we dine in hell!"


Want a better idea what CGU is all about? Here's a visual that will hopefully give a bit more insight.





Comic Geeks Unite was founded on the motto of, "We geeks gotta stick together!" If that sounds good to you stick around. Want more of a geek fix visit the CGU Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CGUII

No comments:

Post a Comment